Bike rides on a park with a little incident...

11.6.13


A few days ago, Fran and I decided to leave the cave where we work and go see something new in Berlin. Fran found a park in a map and we decided to go see it. We ride in our bikes in there when we found a path that according to the GPS leaded to the park. 


Hace un par de días, Fran y yo decidimos salir de la cueva donde trabajamos e ir a ver alguna cosa nueva de Berlín. Fran encontró en un mapa un parque y decidimos ir a verlo. Fuimos en bici hasta allí hasta encontrar un camino que según el GPS llevaba al parque.







We found an amazing park with lakes, huge hills where children rolled down and duck moms with their babies. We took pictures, ate a pasta salad and we laid on the grass. But, by the way happened a weird thing, when I passed a lady next to me she said "Scheiße Fahrrad!" (shit bike!) and I was so impressed, hadn't passed near her or anything, but I kept pedaling.

After lunch, I took a look at Foursquare for the opinions of that park when I realized I had to pay admission. Ups ... OK, so the entrance was so rare, but the door was open? We also discovered that cycling was prohibited within the park.

Encontramos un parque increíble con lagos, colinas enormes donde los niños rodaban hacia abajo y mamás pato con sus bebés. Hicimos fotos, comimos una ensalada de pasta y nos tumbamos en el césped. Pero, por el camino pasó una cosa rara, cuando pasaba por al lado de una señora me dijo "Scheiße Fahrrad!" (bicicleta de mierda!) y me quedé a cuadros, no había pasado cerca de ella ni nada, pero seguí pedaleando.

Después de comer, se me ocurrió mirar en Foursquare las opiniones de aquél parque, cuando me di cuenta de que había que pagar entrada. Ups... vale, por eso la entrada era tan rara, pero la puerta estaba abierta? También descubrimos que estaba prohibido ir en bici dentro de parque.

After knowing that, we tried to get back on the secret path where we had entered, but the door was locked. Great. Finally we found the real entrance to the park, acted naturally and walked out the door. I felt so bad and guilty. But how do you explain that you have entered trough a forbidden path accidentally to a man who does not speak English? It was a shame because the park was so beautiful. Well, the next time I will enter by the real entrance!

Después de saber eso, intentamos volver por el camino secreto por donde habíamos entrado, pero la puerta estaba cerrada. Genial. Al final encontramos la verdadera entrada al parque, actuamos con naturalidad y salimos por la puerta. Me supo fatal y me sentí culpable. Pero como explicas que has entrado por un camino prohibido sin querer a una señor que no habla inglés? Y fue una lástima porque el parque era precioso. Bueno, la próxima vez entraré por la entrada de verdad!

No hay comentarios: